Saturday, June 30, 2018

"Discipline" The Calling of Saturn....



Last week I started to notice a pattern around the word discipline. Everyday that word would be said or read. To the point of not being able to ignore it. It was there. Making me think about the word and it's meaning around this Full Moon Saturn energy.
From You Tube videos to social media posts it was becoming obvious that this word "Discipline" was trying to get my attention.
I have to say that for a Gemini, discipline isn't one of my strong assets. Can I do it yes but do I apply it everyday no. Like the butterfly Gemini that I am sometimes I think it's not as much about discipline as It is about  keeping my focus on one thing at a time.
Every time the word has came up I have had to ask myself how disciplined am I but more importantly how disciplined could I be if I put my mind to it.
When I first learned of my food allergies it was very difficult for me to try and navigate the discipline of eating only what I could when the foods around me had so much I was allergic to in it.  It was really difficult learning how to focus primarily on foods that I could eat and changing the way I eat completely . I knew that in order to get better I had to be disciplined in not eat something I ate all my life but now had become allergic to. In the early years it kept me antisocial for a very long time until I learned how to not feel awkward or make the other person by not having something I was able to eat when we were socializing together.
I found that by bringing my own food to events helped with that. It gave me something to eat but also an opportunity for me also to prepare food something that I love to do.  Which had been a casualty due to all my food allergies. I had learned how to cook all these wonderful dishes but now I was allergic to them! I had to relearn how to prepare food in order for me to have a meal and feel satisfied. Not easy going from being a Meat and Fish eater overnight to being a raw vegan.
Since it was hard for me to process how could I expect anyone else to. Yet the most social thing we do in America is eat together. From sporting events to just Kickin It on the couch watching a movie it all revolves around food.
Those years did take discipline and patience with myself.
I also found myself as time went on over indulging in what I could eat sometimes and not really sticking to good healthy eating habits.
I could see why the Full moon energy of Saturn the Grandfather would be asking me to get back to being more focused and disciplined in my eating and lifestyle.
Since I'm very close with my teenage son I discussed the fact that the Universe seems to be wanting me to become more disciplined. That I felt it was time for me to really buckle down and make a commitment but also become more disciplined in my life. Like a true best friend  who has heard this line before I could tell by the look on his face it was for how long? I said No really!!
I reminded him of when I had to change my diet and he laughed and was like and how long ago was that?! If I didn't know better I would have thought Saturn was speaking right through that boy to me so I took that challenge and I challenged him back.
Since the toughest discipline for me really is about food and cutting back of starches and breads. A 30 day Vitimix and Juicer fast for the month of July is what it will be. It runs perfect with the Full moon Eclipse on July 27th. Using the energy of the Strawberry Grandmother moon will no doubt help me to complete such a gift to myself and give me a way to honor the memory of the friends I lost to illness, cancer and tragedy this winter.  Some have Lint, Ramadan, Holy fasts in which to cleanse the body, honor ancient ways and religions or to clear the mind and purge the body. Some would even say the Soul. It's good for the body and mind to be challenged sometimes and to form disciplines in honor of ourselves and others. Also to be an example to others how powerful we can be when we set our minds to something or feel passion in our hearts to heed the call.
I then challenged my son if I did it for the whole month of July then he needed to do it for the month of August. He accepted.  
So starting tomorrow I will be on a Juicer/Vitimix fast. Anything I can make from those I can eat or drink. I can still have a hot tea or tonic in the morning but no more biscuits and gravy Sundays..
Thank you "Discipline" for showing up in my life I can't wait to see what changes will come because I heard the call and took the challenge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment