Sunday, July 1, 2018

So it begins...




Today was the first day in my 30 day Discipline challenge, 
It started out easy but as the day has gone on my body is craving a little more to fill my tummy.  
My morning Smoothie and afternoon Juice hit the spot but around 2 pm, I was craving something more and ended up making a pudding in the Vitamix. . 
I thought maybe I would use this blog to share my overall thoughts and experiences while using my WordPress blog to share my recipes, yoga and other items of interest over the next 30 days. 
So I will use this more as a Diary of sorts while the other as a Food and Healthy living record of what I made, ate and did. 
I must say I expected a little more of a headache today since it is my second day without coffee but I seemed to do fine. We are experiencing a heatwave which can be very draining. I have been drinking extra water and trying to stay cool but I can tell it's taking it's toll on both me and Ollie. 
We were not able to get in our major walking we do about 2-3 times a day because of the heat so it has made us both a bit restless and lazy at the same time.
Kept myself busy by putting somethings away and doing some early morning planting. With this heat, planning your day is key. I was excited to use some celery and basil from my container garden today. Cant wait for the tomatoes to come in! Not going to yield much again this year but the practice counts. Learning what works and what doesn't as we go on our second summer here. 
I am not sure if I will make it through the night without something more but for now extra water and hoping it will be somewhat cooler tomorrow but the weather man seems to think not. 
 What better time though to use only a blender and juicer, could only imagine the heat in here if the oven or stove had to be on. At least its another way to stay cool on these early Summer days.
So day one went good but the temptation is there. Tomorrow wont be a breeze as I have to go to town and I just cant pick up a pizza on the way home. Well if discipline was easy I guess it wouldn't make things a challenge.   

Just a reminder to see the recipes I used check out my WordPress blog tomorrow at http://justinebrasil.wordpress.com
and subscribe to both to be notified of posting and updates along with following me on Facebook at woundedhealer22  
always appreciate you sharing this journey with me.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment